[ORAS UU] The Iron Horse

View previous topic View next topic Go down

[ORAS UU] The Iron Horse

Post by Jayreezy on Mon Dec 28, 2015 11:50 am

Yo its your boy Jayreezy, and I got this fun team that I have used a lot when laddering and it works like a charm. A nice and balanced/bulky offensive team that, I guess, seems to get around in the metagame. Now fuck all the talking and let's dive into this bitch!

Pokemon: Cobalion
Item: Life Orb
Evs: 252 Atk/ 252 Spe/4 HP
Nature: Jolly
-Iron Head
-Close Combat
-X-Scissor
-Swords Dance

Sitting in a pretty good speed tier, along with its movepool, access to SD, and a pretty good offensive/defensive typing, Cobalion is a very solid sweeper. This will normally be your main win con. The moveset is self explanatory, however, you can opt to run Sub over X-Scissor and replace Life Orb with Leftovers if you want to have more opportunity to set up. Do note that in doing so, you'll be more prone to bulky psychic/grass types including Tangrowth, Cresselia, and Reuniclus.

These next two will be explained at the same time since they form a wall core:

Pokemon: Cresselia
Item: Rocky Helmet
Evs: 252 HP/112 Def/ 144 SpDef
Nature: Bold
-Moonlight
-Toxic
-Psychic
-Moonblast

Pokemon: Blissey
Item: Leftovers
Evs: 4 HP/252 Def/252 SpDef
-Wish
-Seismic Toss
-Stealth Rock
-Heal Bell

I guess there's some truth behind all pink Pokemon being fat blobby walls. This two blobs combined with their natural bulk are able to take hits from the majority of the metagame. With Cress being able to take physical hits and Bliss to take the special ones, its clear what their roles are. However, with the invested evs they have, they can also play vice versa roles depending on the scenario. The movesets are completely self explanatory, yet they are completely interchangeable due to the similar roles these two play.

Pokemon: Blastoise
Item: Blastoisinite
Evs: 252 HP/ 252 SpAtk
Nature: Modest
-Rapid Spin
-Dark Pulse
-Ice Beam
-Water Pulse

Blastoise fits this team nicely because it is reliable spinner and has a lot of offensive prowess as a special attacker to break down physical walls for Cobalion. I prefer Water Pulse over Scald and Hydro Pump because of accuracy, Mega Launcher and if I so happen to get a confusion with it, I can then take advantage of having Dark Pulse by trying to go for confusion flinches.

Pokemon: Whimsicott
Item: Leftovers
Evs: 248 HP/ 252 Def/ 8 Spe
-Encore
-Leech Seed
-Moonblast
-Substitute/U-Turn

Now when I was first making this team I immediately realized one extremely large flaw: I GET FUCKING OBLITERATED BY ANY AND ALL KINDS OF SET UP SWEEPERS, but more specifically, Feraligator and Salamence. So, to sort of patch up that flaw I added this to the team. Barring coverage moves, this set can easily shut down a potential sweep. It is best to switch this in on a predicted set up move rather than waiting for your opponent to do so to avoid a predicted switch-in and potentially losing your Whimsicott.

Pokemon: Crobat
Item: Choice Band/ Life Orb
Evs: 252 Atk/ 252 Spe/ 4 Def
Nature: Jolly
-Brave Bird
-Cross Poison
-U-Turn
-Roost

One of the original bird spammers before the OU metagame made Talonflame its bitch, this thing can surprisingly hit like a truck. As you can see this team is very weak to bulky Grass and Fairy types and Crobat is here to clean up on them. It also provides another fast mon to couple with Cobalion seeing as the team is rather slow. A Jolly nature is preferred to outspeed Aerodactyl and Sceptile before they mega evolve and it can also outspeed other bulkier variants of Crobat. Once again the moveset is quite self explanatory, however if you prefer not to be locked into a move and have free range in using Roost you can opt to place a Life Orb on this set.

Key Threats

Set Up Sweepers:
Although this team is rather bulky and has access to Encore via Whimsicott, this team can easily fall apart and just as easily get swept if your walls have been weakened and Whimsicott is gone.

The S tier:
For those who know this tier just as well as I do, you know that the two Mons at the the top of the food chain are Salamence and Victini. Scarf Victini is a little easier to handle, however, banded variants are a lot tougher to deal with along with mixed variants. Any and all variants of Salamence cause a problem to this team due to its amazing versatility, however its not impossible to beat them all if you are able to play correctly around it.

The Bird Spam:
What was Brave Bird before Talonflame came along? Not a damn thing but a flying type Double Edge!!! Even in UU the bird spam is real and this team is absolutely prone to it. Whether its from Staraptor, or Crobat, or our lord and savior, the pimp-bird aka Mr. 187, Lord Honchcrow, this team has a hard time getting past the inevitable bird spam. Nevertheless, this team seems to overlook its flaws thanks to its bulk and the power its offensive Mons bring to the table. Hope you enjoy this team!

Jayreezy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: [ORAS UU] The Iron Horse

Post by Destiny BonD on Wed Dec 30, 2015 12:38 am

Semi fat teams are the way to go for this meta imo,decent choice- btw blasty needs them last 4 evs Cool

Destiny BonD
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jayreezy on Wed Dec 30, 2015 12:39 am

Oh Yea I just put those into Def and thx fam

Jayreezy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content